It’s been a while since Monster Hunter World was released on PC. This could be probably the time for many players to first go to High Rank which in turn unlock many new weapons. While there are many choices to make, I decided to list out some of the most used/ rated High Rank Charge Blades that most hunters picked for their journey. Now let’s take a look at the museum!
For starters, Charge Blade is a technical weapon in Monster Hunter World. You can take a look at my two previous guides for Charge Blades here:
The posts above covered the basic and advances tips/ combo of Charge Blades in Monster Hunter World. Today post will list out the list of Charge Blades that you may want to used in your next hunt. This list out the Pro & Cons of each Charge Blade as well. This is just personal list. The best weapons is the one you loved!
Diablo Tyrannis II
Note on materials:
- Nergigante Horn + – Obtain by breaking the Horn of Nergigante
- Black Spiral Horn+ – Obtain byBreaking the horn of the Black Diablos
- Black Diablos Carapace – Common material when hunting Black Diablos
- Wyvern Gem – Rare Gem from Diablos/ Black Diablos and sometime Legiana.
Mentioned in my Charge Blade in-depth guides. This big bad Charge Blade earn it’s place just for one reason – Damage.This weapons start at 828 Base Damage while offering some Ice Element (Hidden though) You will need the Free Element Skill to unlock this. Did you know Diablos is also weak to Ice? 🙂
While the final form require 3 monsters material. It worth it in the end. Because both Phial Damage & The SAED doesn’t got crit. This is the best weapon for your Raw Damage Charge Blade build.
Dante’s Devil Sword
Obtained from the Mission: Code Red quest. This weapon come to Monster Hunter: World in a collaboration event. An iconic weapon from Devil May Cry series, Dante’s Devil Sword is a charge blade in disguise.
Notes on Materials:
- Red Orbs – Can only be obtained from Mission: Code Red events. Rewarded everytime you completed the mission.
- Anjanath + Odogaron Gem – Rare materials from both monsters
- Teostra Mane – Can easily be gathered when hunting Teostra.
Right off the bat, we can notice the base damage are pretty good for an Event Weapon – 720 Damage. This weapon also has 180 in Thunder Element. It’s hidden by the way, meaning you will need the Free Element Skill in your armor set.
Finally, the icing on the cake is that Phials of this weapon is Impact Phial, and will give you the ability to KO monsters if all your phials blast are on point.
Devastation’s Thorns (Nergigante)
Yes, one again, this beast appear in a list. In Monster Hunter World, Nergigante was featured as a iconic monster in both the cover, demos and in the story itself. Of course Capcom will not let the weapons/ armors from this guy having some bad stats.
Notes on materials:
- Xeno’jiva + Nergigante Horn – Took quite sometime to gather these part. Try using the Mega Barrel Bomb on Nergi’s head when he is sleeping. For Xeno’jiva, utilize those chances when this special mission appear on your quest lists.
- Nergigante Gem – Rare materials from Nergigante. Took me 10+ hunt to firstly get this.
- Nergigante Talon– Can easily be gathered when hunting Nergigante.
This rarity 8 Charge Blade come with good base damage, zero affinity and finally 150 Dragon. This is also featurign the Elder Seal ability – which allow the hunter to seal the special abilities of those Elder Dragons (Teostra – Fire Armor is an example) This weapon is your go to when you in need of some quick run with the Elder Dragons.
Tyrant’s Charge Blade (Deviljho)
By the look, you can easily see that this is not merely an ordinary weapon, coming from the world eater. This pack a lot of punch with 792 damage and 210 in Dragon element
Notes on materials:
While the first version is pretty straight forward. The final form require some unique materials below:
- Elder Dragon Blood – Most obtain via hunting Elder Dragon (Teostra, Vaal Hazak, Kushala Daora)
- Deviljho Gem & Fang – Of course it’s need a gem 🙂 This is rare, so mostly depend on your luck. You can mix in some set that increase the rewards
Almost everything related to Devil Jo look scary, including this Charge Blade. Imagine the shield become the chainsaw when you are mounting that poor Kulu Yaku 🙂 This weapons earn it’s place with the power of the World Eater. There is also a catch when the stat of this weapon and the Nergigante one look similar. One is the Elder Dragon Eater, the other is the “World” Eater.
Finally, this come equipped with Power Element Phial – a type of Phial that determine the damage when Phials explode. Here is what I mentioned in my previous Charge Blade guides.
- Impact Phial – Give you the ability to KO monster when Phial Damage is landed on Monster’s head
- Power Element Phial – The explosion from Phial will release weapon’s Element.
With that in mind, this weapon down side is the time it take to get this. To many hunters, this hunt is a little difficult once you first accept the quest. So this may take some practice before earning yourself a powerful weapon.
Odium – Latin for “Hatred” It all make sense now why that Odogaron is alway angry at you…
Notes on materials:
- Teostra Claw + – This mean you will need to hunt this Burning Lion a few time. Not a rare material though.
- Odogaron Gem/Fang+/Claw+ – All these require a lot of time with Odogaron on High Rank. Make sure you are bleed resistance!
This is also one of the Charge Blade in game come naturally with White Sharpness (Without any skills needed) Did I mention about the Affinity? This Charge Blade is also one of the weapon that come with a very high affinity stat – 25% If you utilize the full set of Odogaron, you will easily hit the 50% Affinity Rate stat. Finally, you can cope that with the Weakness Exploit skill and bam, you got yourself a 100% Crit weapon.
However, the base damage is pretty low – starting at 576 Damage. This will need some modifications to make sure you get the best out of it. (Other skill that help increase attack)
Halberion Blade (Rathalos)
It will not be completed without another iconic monster of the series – Rathalos – Fire breathing red dragon Talking a bout video games tropes.
Notes on materials:
- Azure Rathalos part – A quick glance can easily show that this require your familiarity with the Rathalos family.
- Rathalos Ruby – From my experience, this is harder to get than other gems. But again, your luck is what count here
This cool looking fire element Charge Blade is made with a huge tribute to Rathalos. An iconic monster of the series, while it’s not offer the highest damage. This come with the unique Power Element Phial (The explosion of Phial will be the element of the weapon) This is your go to choice when you fight those Monsters that weak to Fire or simply want to take some good pictures 🙂
All the Charge Blades mentioned before this are under Impact Phial – meaning your Phial Blast of SAED can inflict stun damage.
While there is a variety of Charge Blades for your choices, in the end, it’s all come down to how you combine the weapon in to your armor set. For Charge Blade, many hunters choose the Diablo Tyrannis II as their main and incorporate other armor to boosts raw damage and phial impact damage. The reason is the phials damage does not count as raw and is not affect by affinity. However, most of the armor skills/ charms for this build require grinding and will definitely take some of your time before you can use it to the fullest.
This is where other Charge Blades shine. Want to have an Affinity build focus? Odium come to the rescue, want some more spark and fire on your next hunt? Any option with the Power Element Phial is a good addition.
In the end. Pick a weapon base on your liking and stick with it. The best weapons is the one you like and feel comfortable using. Happy Hunting!