Hunter is one of the three playable classes in Ghost of Tsushima Legends – The Free Title Update for Ghost of Tsushima.
Hunter Build Guide | Ghost of Tsushima Legends
For Hunter, you got the ability to use the Long Bow (Other classes can only use Half Bow) Long Bow has higher damage compared to the usual Half Bow, and can instantly kill an enemy with a headshot.
All of Hunter’s skills are also related to the Bow. From Fire Arrow to the ability to shoot multiple shots in a row, you have the best tools for being the deadliest archer.
General Ranking for Hunter Class in Ghost of Tsushima Legend
The below is my personal ranking for Hunter class base on the following criterias
- Accessibility – The difficulty to play as a new player
- Teamplay – The effectiveness of a class when working in a team
- Close Combat – The effectiveness of a class in Melee combat
- Ranged – Drawing, Reload Speed, and Bow Damage
- Stealth – Assassination damage and speed
- Kill Time – The effectiveness of a class for clearing enemies
Hunter is one of the best class if you want an easy journey on Ghost of Tsushima legends. Your main job is to headshot, dealing status damage with Fire Arrow, snipe out those annoying Shield Brute with Pierce arrow, and unleash your Ultimate when Oni/ Big enemies appear
What is better than a teammate that covers you from afar while you effortlessly dance between enemies? If you pick Hunter, try seizing those high rooftops and rope to cover your team from afar.
Hunter can still use all types of Katana, but is not as powerful as Samurai, just pick one you are comfortable with.
The only class to use Long Bow, your ultimate kill multiple enemies instantly, you also get access to other Bow perk skills
You can still use Ghost weapons like Smoke Bomb to quickly get an assassination/Critical Strike, but your kill is slower and the damage is lower compare to Assassin
Hunter can kill multiple small enemies or deal heavy damage to Onies with Arrow of Utchisune, making it the best class to clear out a group of enemies.
Best Hunter Techniques in Ghost of Tsushima Legends
For Class Ability, you will start off with Staggering Arrow – which can briefly stun the enemies allow for more further attacks from your sword. At Rank 10, you will unlock Explosive Arrow, pick this and never look back – This is one of the best skill for Hunter in Ghost of Tsushima Legend
Explosive Arrow (Hunter’s Rank 10 Class Ability)
For Perk Technique, each class can equip three perk techniques. You can only select one technique out of three in each perk. You can only select one skill per perk, so pick one depending on your most prefer playstyle
All Hunter Perk Skills Ghost of Tsushima Legends
Hunter Perk 1 Technique
- Executioner (Rank 2) – Increase Headshot Damage by 50% for closing enemies. This can decrease your draw time with close distance enemies
- Scent of Blood (Rank 7) – Increase Draw and Reload after an assassination. This is best combine with gear that boost stealth damage, as Hunter generally has lower stealth damage compare to Assassin.
- Hunter Unleashed (Rank 14) – Reduce class ability cooldown by 15%. If you don’t know what to pick, this is the easiest choice, more explosive arrow meaning more damage.
Hunter Perk 2 Techniques
- Resupply (Rank 3) – Use one Resolve to restore 30% of you all ammo types. This is generally useless in Silver & Bronze’s story mission as you will find plenty of supply points to recuperate. If all of your Hunter’s gameplay is from afar, this can still be a good choice in a tight situation.
- Status Damage (Rank 9) – Increase Fire/(Poison?) Arrow Damage, another best skill to pick if you don’t know what to choose
- Piercing Arrow (Rank 16) – A nice addition to your arsenal for those shielded/helmet enemies.
In Ghost of Tsushima Legends, you can pick between four classes (Samurai, Hunter, Assassin & Ronin) All classes have similar close combat playstyle at first glance, but each class has a focus on certain aspect (Stealth, Range, Support, and Close Combat)
Hunter Perk 3 Techniques
- Pinpoint (Rank 5) – 50% to deal Headshot damage with a body shot. This skill is great for progression from Rank 5 to 11, as it virtually increases your arrow damage.
- All-Seeing Eye (Rank 11) – Upgrade your Ultimate to target 2 more enemies. A great addition for survival mode.
- Legendary (Rank 18) – Let you equip 1 more Legendary Gear. Unless you find multiple Legendary gears, this is only effective for that purpose
The most optimal combination of Perk Techniques are as follow:
- Hunter Unleashed + Status Damage + All-Seeing Eye
These three skills give you the perfect balance between utilities and damage. Reducing Class Ability lets you use Explosive Arrow more often. Fire Damage can wroc havoc to those Oni and big enemies. FInally, All-Seeing Eye helps your Ultimate clear out more enemies.
Best Gear for Hunters in Ghost of Tsushima Legends
For Silver and Bronze Story missions, pick whatever better gear you obtain. Around Ki Level 70 (With Gear Ki ranging from 70 – 85) you can try to reforge for some of the below properties
Sword | Hunter Build Ghost of Tsushima Legend
- Ultimate Damage – If you don’t plan to use your Sword much, this is a must-have to boost your most powerful attack
- Melee Damage/ Oni Damage – Either of these is enough
Perfect Parry Window is also a good
Best Properties for Bow | Hunter Build Ghost of Tsushima Legend
- Draw/ Reload Speed
- Ranged Damage
Skipping Stone Bow | Killing two birds with one arrow!
Try to farm for Skipping Stone Bow! This Legendary Bow has the Headshot ricochet unique option, allowing you to deal the same amount of damage to a nearby enemies (with Head Shot)
Utility Charm | Hunter Build Ghost of Tsushima Legend
- Ultimate Damage
- Ability Cooldown Reduction
Ghost Weapon 1 | Hunter Build Ghost of Tsushima Legend
- Damage Increase (Stagger Damage)
- Cooldown Reduction
Ghost Weapon 2 | Hunter Build Ghost of Tsushima Legend
- Damage Increase/ Melee Stagger Dmage
- Cooldown Reduction
Depend on the Ghost Weapon you pick, the perk may varied, the easiest option for Hunter is Kunai, which is a superb addition for your Ranged combat. I find the Super Massive perk is the best perk to have on Kunai. This inflict heavy damage and can knock back enemies, let you finish them off with your sword.
Another good Ghost Weapon for Hunter is Caltrops, which deal stagger damage and slows the enemies, with the Deep Bag perk, this is the perfect traps to setup for unleashing havoc from afar.